The Big News:
While Google is celebrating its 18th birthday, another big story of the day in tech world is the newly formed partnership between tech giants – Microsoft and Adobe. CEOs of both the companies Satya Nadella and Shantanu Narayen came together to announce the newest partnership to the media which will facilitate Adobe to deliver its cloud services via Microsoft Azure and will at the same time make Adobe as the preferred marketing service for MS’s Dynamics 365 Enterprise CRM solution.
Comments Made by CEOs:
While, disclosing the major partnership, Shantanu Narayen, president and CEO of Adobe stated that Customers today expect a well-designed, personalized and consistent experience every time they engage with a brand. Adobe and Microsoft will bring together the cloud horsepower and end-to-end capabilities brands need to design and deliver great digital experiences.
On the other hand, Satya Nadella, CEO MS commented that Together, Adobe and Microsoft are bringing the most advanced marketing capabilities on the most powerful and intelligent cloud to help companies digitally transform and engage customers in new ways.
Microsoft CEO also termed the partnership as a ‘massive milestone’ for both the companies.
- Azure will now become ‘preferred cloud platform’ of Adobe while imparting 3 main services viz.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Creative Cloud
- Document Cloud
- Adobe will specifically use SQL Server as well as Azure Machine Learning services which are offered in the MS Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- It has to be noted that there already lies a partnership between Adobe Systems and AWS (Amazon Web Services). Owing to this partnership Adobe is provided multi-terabyte operating environments for its customers. The cloud infrastructure giant enables the computer software giant to keep its focus onto deploying and operating of its own software rather than worrying about the infrastructure. The newly announced partnership between Adobe and Microsoft is being seen as another extension to future plans of Adobe in increasing customer connection and expanding brand loyalty and business growth.
- The partnership also brings out the Microsoft’s concern to partner with its one-time competitors and increase its bid and interest in cloud computing industry.
- The latest partnership between the two companies is not a total surprise as they have already partnered on enterprise storage earlier.
- As we know that even Adobe run its own data centers so it will be interesting to note that what strategy will the company formulate for them.
- As per the deal, the creator of Photoshop will use MS’s network of processing power and on-demand data storage to run its web-based marketing software and digital media.
- Microsoft on the other hand will start promoting Adobe’s Marketing Cloud via its Dynamics 365 business planning and sales software.
- The financial terms of the partnership still remain undisclosed.
- The new agreement between the two companies comes after 2015 agreement between the two giants which linked MS customer relationship management tools to some Adobe products.