A new data center market research report compiled by MarketsAndMarkets takes into account “Data Center Rack Server Market by Solution (Form Factor: 1U, 2U, 4U), Service, Tier Type (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4), Data Center Type (Mid-Sized, Enterprise, and Large), Industry, and Region – Global Forecast to 2021.” As per the published report, Data center rack server market will expectedly grow up to USD 90.56 Billion by year 2021 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 19.95% from present USD 36.47 Billion (2016).
Major factors that are contributing to growth of data center rack server market are as listed below:
- Increased need for higher density servers
- Reduction in operational and capital expenditure
- Rise in demand of scalable data centers
- Ease in migration from traditional technologies
- Increase in number of users/businesses that are choosing low cost as well as scalable data center solutions.
The report mainly targets the following service providers:
- IT infrastructure equipment providers
- Professional service providers
- Distributors and resellers
- Telecom operators
- Healthcare organizations
- Financial organizations
- Data center vendors
- Support infrastructure equipment providers
- Cloud providers
- Colocation providers
- System integrators
- Network service providers
- Monitoring service providers
- Support service providers
- Government and standardization bodies
- Component providers
- Software providers
As per the report 4U form factor rack server solutions are expected to grow with highest CAGR in years to come. These solutions contribute to better performance especially in case of higher density facilities. They also enable easily scalable servers accommodating multiple processors. Such factors are being accredited with increase in CAGR during the period of forecast.
Apart from 4U form factor rack server solutions, there will be considerable rise in support and maintenance services market. The reason behind the trend is that larger number of enterprises are now rapidly adopting data center solutions which cannot be fulfilled without third party assistance. With such service providers, enterprises can easily manage and maintain data center infrastructure.
Taking about the region, the report highlights that North America is projected to dominate data center rack server market during forecast period.
Key technology vendors that are profiled in this report include:
- HPE (U.S.)
- Oracle Corporation (U.S.)
- Lenovo Group Ltd. (U.S.),
- Dell, Inc. (U.S.)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
- Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
- Huawei Technologies Co. (China)
- NEC Corporation (China)
- Quanta Computer, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Iron Systems, Inc. (U.S.)